Friday 20 September 2019

Sept 20: Seek the Lord while He may be Found


 TOPIC: Seek the Lord while He may be Found

Text: Song of Solomon 5, 6, 7 & 8

Key Text: Song of Solomon 5:6 
  I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.

Discussion:
   Seeking God is one of the duty of man, this is not because God is not willing to reveal himself, but it is a Love game, the Bridegroom (Christ) and his Bride (Church, Saints or Christians).
    This was typified in what Jesus did for Peter, while he was sinking, Jesus knew he needed help, neither would Jesus have allowed him to sink completely, but, to play the seeking Game, he made him realise the needed to seek the help of the savior, and as soon as he cried out for help, Jesus took his hand and they were back on land.

   There is a time when God can be found; while he is near. The moment he withdraws himself men will seek him in vain.

   What if Peter's head was already beneath the water, his crying out will be too late.

   What should we seek God for?
• Seek him for Salvation: a sinner cannot come into this love Game, till he has sought God for Salvation.
  Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

•Seek him for Security: in time of insecurity, Proverbs 18:10 offer a solution, "The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe."

• Seek the Lord for Supply: God has all things in His custody and he is able to supply all kind if need you may have; Spiritual need, Physical, financial, emotional, every, and here is a promise of God for you: Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

•Seek the Lord for Strength: Are you weak in your body, or in your Spirit? Hear what God has to say; Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

•Seek him for Signs and wonders; Already he promised in  Mark 16:17 that: ...these signs shall follow them that believe... Therefore you need to seek him for a fulfilment of his promises

Finally here is a charge from Hosea the prophet: Hosea 10:12 "Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you."

Challenge: It is time to seek the LORD

Prayer: Lord, let me be found of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment