Thursday 2 February 2023

Isaiah 4-6: The Calling of a Minister to a rebellious people.

Topic: The Calling of a Minister to a rebellious people.
Text: Isaiah 4-6
Key Text: Isaiah 6:8

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.


Many in the world today are filled with opinions that do not resonate with God's will, even, many who go to Church, do so to to satisfy their craving for association, they do not know God, they lack the knowledge of God (Isaiah 5:13). For this reason, God is searching for someone who will carry his message of dissatisfaction to the rebels, and warn them sternly of God's angry judgement coming upon the wicked (Isaiah 5:5-12, 20-30), and show the saints the great benefits of divine purging (Isaiah 4:1-6).

The question then is: "who shall I send?", who has the qualities that God is expecting, What are the qualities that God is expecting? God is searching for Holy men, Isaiah could not hear this call until he was purged from his iniquity (Isaiah 6:1-8), he has been preaching without the hearing this call, he has been hearing the word of God but he never heard this higher call, until he saw his own unworthiness (Isaiah 6:5), and was cleansed.(Isaiah 6:6-8),

Are you also doing the work of God unworthily? (Jeremiah 48:10) The live coal of the Holy Spirit, from the presence of God can come and purge your heart from all dead works, and then you will hear clearly the call to a greater ministry.

Probably you are reading this as a sinner, I want you to know that what you are enjoying now is Grace (Titus 2:11), if you die without repentance, doomsday awaits you, but if you will repent today, Christ is waiting to receive you (1John 1:9).

Challenge: Sin separates from the Savior, and sends to sorrowful eternity, but the Savior separates sin from the Sinner and makes a Saint and Servant of God out of him, who will you allow, Sin or the Savior?

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I humble myself before you today, let the fire of your Holy Spirit, thoroughly purge my life and set me Ablaze for effective Service, in Jesus name I pray. Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment